Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dandelion with Humor

In case you hadn't heard; if you manage to blow off all the little wispy bits of a dandelion puff, then your wish will come true.
So I was outside, and I had passed this patch of dandelion puffs and I had been tempted every time to just pick them all and start making wishes, but I was always nervous of one of the students seeing me and then proceeding to believe that I don't deserve my job. Anyways. School is on break now, so I decided to finally cave in to my desire.
I picked a full-looking puff, hoping that it would make my wish more likely to come true if I got it all. I prepped myself with a few deep breaths, and used as much air & force possible to blow off the seeds. You might be able to imagine my pleasant (and a little annoyed) surprise when all the bits flew off not even halfway through my monster-blow. My wish (I'm sure it's okay if I tell you) was for all my friends and family to be happy.
'What luck!' I thought to myself, ‘That was too easy! I should make another wish, to take advantage of this.'
So I picked another dandelion puff, made my wish, and blew.
Half of the seed fluffs remained when I was through.

There was a moment of disbelieving silence in my thoughts, and then I started laughing. My wish that time had been something along the lines of, 'to fall in love with someone who loves me, as opposed to someone I have no chance of ever getting'.

So today, I learned that it is best to wish prosperity for other people rather than oneself.
And also that I will be a spinster forever, which isn’t such a bad thing in the end but it’s terribly hard to explain.

No comments: