Thursday, January 1, 2009

WINTER ARMS

I reluctantly left the balmy embrace of Texas, and returned to an Ohio waiting for me with winter arms wide open.

COLD, CHILLY, FRIGID, WINTER ARMS.

And no snow.

Why, Ohio, why? It was all I wanted from you for Christmas...


IN OTHER NEWS...

So. The drive DOWN to Texas.
I was either under a drug induced sleeping haze or puking.
My memories of Arkansas will be forever tainted.

Did you know they have roads made of concrete there?
Badly made roads of concrete.

I looked like the seventh circle of hell nuked in the microwave and served on a shingle.

I felt much better in the morning, with some food finally staying in my belly and an actualy bed beneath my back.

I raced go-karts (THE FAST ONES were my favorite), hung out with my THIRTY relatives (Uncle Richie & Aunt Jodi with Gregory & Nick; Aunt Cathy & Uncle Tim with Tina, Joan, Erin, & Timmy; Uncle Danny with Bert & Sam; My mother & father with Sieanna, me, Allison, & Michael; Uncle Pat & Aunt Lauren with Cassandra, Rachel, Adam, & Andrew; Aunt Tina [Uncle David wasn't present] with David and Summer; PLUS NONNA).
And I drove a four-wheeler, shot a 12 gauge shotgun, and did other fun and awesome stuff.

So, Texas = awesome topped with palm trees.
I couldn't believe it was winter.
My entire being rejected the idea that Christmas had only been a few days away.
I mean, really Texas?
75 degrees?

YES.
YES YES YES YES YES.



So, aside from Texas being awesome and Aunt Tina being one of the funniest people I've ever loved...

The trip back to Ohio.
A little better than the way down, since we took our time.
We spent New Years at a HoJo somewhere in Tupelo, MS and slept through the entire thing.

Breakfast was Waffle House.

Delicioso ♥



Tomorrow morning I leave for Katie Roddy's.

Good night!

No comments: