Saturday, July 16, 2011

sleeping

I love sleeping. It really is one of my favorite things to do, besides having adventures and eating. I was having a conversation with someone about this the other day, and I can't remember exactly what they said but the general gist is that they couldn't understand why I love sleeping so much. To them, sleeping was just a waste of time in which you could be accomplishing things, getting stuff done, all that jazz. The thing is, I couldn't really argue with that. Yeah, it's true- you can't really bake cookies or clean the house while you're sleeping. Unless you're a sleepwalker, but I'm pretty sure that they can't control that so anyways. The point is, I had to figure out- what is so awesome about sleeping? I mean, besides giving your mind & body a chance to recharge so that you don't go crazy and/or collapse.
Dreaming.
Dreams are what makes it all worth it, for me.
I've always been fascinated by them. The whole "reflection of the subconscious" thing, plus... It's just a great escape. I can understand how some people could disagree with me here. People who can't really remember their dreams, or have nightmares more often than not, or something along those lines.
When I was a kid, I had night terrors. It was a long time ago, but I can still remember how it felt- waking up with my face pressed between the boards that kept me from falling off the loft bed, clawing at the air with tears running down my face, screaming at the top of my lungs because I was so scared. No more night terrors, thank God.
Now, I just have dreams. Nightmares come every now and then, but they're few enough that I don't really worry about it. And my dreams are so much fun! That's really the best way I can think of saying it. Fun fun fun.
I've fallen in love with Death, and a Djinn. I've flown, a few times- those are my favorite ones. Apparently this is a little unusual, but often I dream that I'm somebody else- I've been male, I've been a wolf or a witch or just some other girl. Once I dreamt, in a rather symbolic manner, of the second coming of Christ (I woke up laughing because my chest couldn't contain how amazingly happy I was). I've been so many wonderful places, seen and done so much- I just love dreaming.
So, that is why I love sleep so much.
And THAT IS WHY IT BOTHERS ME WHEN MY FRIENDS OR MYSELF SUFFER FROM INSOMNIA.
It's just one of the worst things. Not only are you being drained, but you're missing out on so many possibilities!

So I guess the point of this post is...
If you're having trouble sleeping, try this-
  • warm milk
  • chamomile tea
  • soothing bath (lavender & mint scents are soothing)
  • don't nap during the day
  • exercise during the day, but not before sleeping
  • relax- don't think about things that stress you


and that's all I got.

GOODNIGHT!

PS- CONGRATS TO MEG & SAB! One day I will visit you and then we will celebrate!
Also, AAAHHHHH HARRY POTTER! Those are my feelings on the matter, as well as this face- ;_;

2 comments:

Angel of Silence said...

Honestly, I dont dream when I sleep, and I like it that way, my dreams are a very weird mashup of things I dont like, things that annoy me, or things I regret. Ill stick with my insomnia thank you XD But im glad someones dreaming nicely :D

Angel of Silence said...

hehe, no worries on me not dreaming. Im just working toward Lucid Dreaming for now and once I get it, ill be unstopable!!! in my head at least XD

and thats good, that you believe in something at least, and no worries about all that, it isnt the first time and certainly wont be the last time ill have someone try that on me, ill just smile and move on like I always do =D