Tuesday, June 23, 2009

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE

I absolutely ADORE Studio Ghibli and anything vaguely Miyazaki. It's like, a genetic trait. I grew up with his movies!

AND NOW I'VE finally WATCHED HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE!

I've read the book, and I'm glad that Meg warned me because it is NOTHING like the book. OH, there are a few key points in there, but the story is changed so radically I'd almost suggest that they rename the movie so that it's not connected too closely to the book. I love the book, of course, and everyone should read it- Diana Wynne Jones is an amazing writer, and I love her stories.

Anyways, back to loving the movie.

When I first heard Howl's voice, I was like, "WOAH, that's a sexy voice and sounds totally weird." And then at the end credits, it turns out that CHRISTIAN BALE did Howl's voice. That's CRAZY! And Billy Crystal did Calcifer's voice! I'm totally quivering with excitement and all that jazz right now, I'm such a nerdy, romantic, happy-ending-loving loser that I'm all jolly with joy and warm fuzzy feelings.

I loved the movie, but if you read the book first then don't expect the movie to be anything like it, or vice versa. You'll be totally disappointed. I'm very hard to disappoint, though, so I'm all good.

Anyways.

That's all.

SUNSHINE!

No comments: