Saturday, May 7, 2011

DETERMINATION

is not my middle name, but it's a good way to describe what I'm feeling right now.

So I'm trying to save up money for a car. I have about a thousand in the bank now, and my parents say that they'll match me for another thousand. This is my last month of getting paid, so I can expect about $400 coming in there.

This leaves me $200 to spend on food.

AND SPEND IT I WILL.

Story time.
Back when my first best friend got her first job being a waitress, she would make ridiculous tips because she is pretty and charming (the charming part is key). But instead of saving her money for college or a car or anything like that, she splurged on clothes. She would buy these name brand socks and I'd think to myself, "What? Why the hell would you waste your money on that?" Because personally, I would much rather buy something that looks semi-decent at a thrift store than buy something that looks fashionable at a namebrand place, where the price is at least five times what I'd pay for the thrift store clothing.

And then I got this job.

I kid you not, the first few months, I didn't even know what I was doing. I gained ten pounds. It wasn't as if all of my paycheck went to food. I bought plane tickets, I donated money to the worthy student fund, all that jazz. But it was a good portion.
So recently I've had to restrain myself, in order to save up for this car. Now that I've reached the goal amount... Forget saving up for a laptop. Forget saving up for a new lens for my camera. FORGET IT. I will get another job, I will buy it later, but right now I am going to FEAST UPON EVERYTHING.

(In moderation. Trying not to gain ten pounds again.)

1 comment:

Angel of Silence said...

hehe best of luck there XD