Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Must resist caps lock...

...
I CAN'T.

GUYS I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE [very distant and somewhat possible] FUTURE.

Aw man, but now I'm starting to second guess myself. Oh well, excited rant shall continue as planned.

So remember how I went into college resigned to become a chiropractor because it was practical? Yeah. And then when I got this job here and loved it, and thought, "Hey, I think it'd be great to be a teacher!" Ha! That went super. And now at the end of the year, after actually experiencing the high school teacher's enviroment, I've changed my mind again.

Except this isn't exactly a change of mind as it is an embracing of my pipe dream, which just so happens to be the same "if only" dream of nearly every one of my friends-

to own a cafe/ bakery/ gallery/ bookstore/ whatever.


WE SO EXCITED.


SO yeah, that's currently what I'm super stoked about.
I've sent in some request for information things from culinary schools in the greater Columbus area, so hopefully I'll be getting stuff in the mail soon.

Last night I spent a good amount of time talking to one of my friends about this, and he said, "I'm going to be honest with you... If you open a cafe, it can't just be a cafe, like with the normal cafe stuff. Because you aren't normal- you're crazy, and you need a crazy cool, totally unique cafe. Or else it wouldn't be yours."
LET ME JUST SAY THAT I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER.

(hehe, DJ you're not the only one who embarasses yourself by saying cute things)

So the point is- do you guys have any suggestions?
I mean, within reason. It'll probably be a really small place (at first!), and it might just be me and hopefully one other person working there. I've put some thought into the menu, and there will definitely be oodles of tea, so there's that. Definitely desserts: cookies, cupcakes, muffins, tiramisu, baklava, tres leche, biscotti... That's all I can think of at the moment, but those first three are just categories and there will definitely be a plethora of those. Then I'm thinking maybe some easy to make savory foods: miso soup, samosas, bruscetta, pita & hummus, grilled cheese, that kind of thing. Not going to lie, my bruscetta is pretty fantastic.
And then besides the food, I was hoping to have some local artists display their stuff on the walls. And then I could have a few bookshelves of course, stocked with my favorites and the classics and random other things.



BUT WHAT ELSE CAN THERE BE?

AND WHAT WILL I NAME IT?

(Cafe Diem is taken, many times over.)

SUGGESTIONS?

2 comments:

alia said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME A MILLION TIMES AWESOME. i'm going to stick myself into this any way i can (i.e. photos on the walls, coffee-making, etc.). and in less forceful terms, i will help in any way possible. hehe =)

Angel of Silence said...

C'est la vie. Thats what id name mine, if I aspired to own a cafe that is XD. All those ideas sound really good actually