Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ohmi-

-gosh.

So, it's been an eventful few days. The Andrew thing Friday, and yesterday...

I almost shaved my head.

Y'see, my mom has been talking about how she'd like to dye her hair blonde. If you've met my mom, you'd know that this is a big mistake. BIG mistake. So I told her that if she ever dyed her hair blonde, I'd shave my head. I meant it.
So yesterday, what else could she do but try to dye her hair blonde?
I was ready and everything. Asking people for hats, begging money to buy a wig, looking for the buzzy thing, et cetera.
Then she comes out of the shower, and her hair isn't blonde. It isn't even orange. Her hair is still black, with the roots looking a bit auburn.
So, I still have a full head of hair, and my mom is done with the whole going blonde part of her mid-life crisis.
I think.

And today, I learned that there is still a small ray of hope if we still want to go to Pennsic. So, wonder of wonders, I was actually able to get Mickey and Allison cleaning. And I cleaned too. I know, the end really is near. What really pissed me off is that dad acted as if it was nothing, and complained about Mickey's room not being cleaned. What the hell? It's not as if HE does anything when he gets home from "work" aka drawing cartoons. I had to be a complete nag just to get him to finish Allison's paper work so she could go to school, and in the end it was Mom that did it anyways. And I had to play the bad guy again just to get him to mow. And for some reason it is my job to remind him to do anything that requires actual effort on his part.
Pardon my French, but he is being a total and complete ASS.

No comments: